Here it is! The current world record holder (Guinness) for most viewed online advertisement (Evian Roller Babies). As of this posting views are over 12.6 Million worldwide!
- 11 Trippy Illustrations of History’s Most Infamous Computer Viruses July 22, 2014Malware isn’t meant to be entertaining, and yet, many of the viruses that sneak their way into our computers are really just malicious displays of extreme creativity.
- Shape-Shifting Jet Wings, From Soviet War Planes to Top Gun’s Tomcat July 22, 2014Take off. Rise. Soar. Bank. Turn. Stall. Swoop. Dive. Land. For each of the different kinds of flying an airplane has to do, there’s an ideal shape and configuration for its wings. Even though bird-like flappability isn’t feasible with struts and steel, engineers since the dawn of aviation have been trying to make wings that […]
- Chambers Dictionary Adds 1,000 New Words, Including 'Totes Amazeballs' July 22, 2014The latest edition of the Chambers Dictionary was updated with some 1,000 new word definitions, The Independent reports, and some of them will definitely raise eyebrows in the linguist circles Among the new words are "milf" and "boyf" — the second one being an abbreviation for "boyfriend." See also: Hashtag, Selfie and Tweep Hav […]Stan Schroeder
- 'Did They Look Each Other in the Eyes One Final Time in a Wordless Goodbye?' July 22, 2014"I've been thinking how horrible it must have been — the final moments of their lives when they knew the plane was going down..." With tears in his eyes, Karel J. G. van Oosterom, United Nations representative for the Netherlands, opened an emotional address to the UN Security Council on Monday with this thought See also: The Nightmare Ukraine […]Amanda Wills
- Last Days June 6, 2014This school year went so FAST! (Do I say that EVERY YEAR?) Annabel graduated from Kindergarten and Daniel finished First Grade. They spent the last few weeks wrapping up after-school activities. Annabel had a Daddy/Daughter dance and a big dance recital. Daniel ended his flag football season in third place. There were field days, swimming [Read On]PopMommy Pam
- Cody Simpson Graduates High School as Valedictorian May 26, 2014Disney pop star and last season’s Dancing with the Stars contestant Cody Simpson graduated from high school this week! What’s extra cool is that he graduated at the TOP of his Atlanta, GA class. He posted some parts of his valedictorian commencement speech on Instagram. I’m all about a teen pop star telling girls that “Intelligence [Read On]PopMommy Pam
- KHJ/Los Angeles SoldLIBERMAN BROADCASTING's LBI RADIO LICENSE LLC is selling Ranchera KHJ-A (LA RANCHERA 930 AM)/LOS ANGELES to IHR EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING for $9.75 million ($9.25 million cash and $500,000 … more
- Marketron Unveils Location-Based Ad SolutionMARKETRON has unveiled a new location-based advertising solution allowing clients to target consumers based on their exact location using impressions from its mobile platform to locate … more
On a flight from Raleigh to Hartford I sat with my 10-year-old son and listened to him ramble on for almost 90 minutes. It was beautiful, at times incoherent, but beautiful. If he’s where the world is going, I’m in. Two rows up from us in an aisle seat was a little old lady. She […]
My middle school had an indoor swimming pool. Two reasons why this was bad, first off it meant I had to see other naked guys. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, it’s just that in middle school you can’t help but look and compare. Everybody has varying degrees of body hair. We look ridiculous. […]
There’s an awarding winning barbecue joint here in Austin. It started out as a trailer and soon graduated into its own building. The barbecue is so good that you have to line up at 10:30 in the morning, wait an hour until they open the doors at 11:30, and when the meat is gone…they close. […]
I’m out. I’ve written this column/blog for the last 2 years and it’s time to stop. I don’t know why, it just is. The last few things I’ve written have felt forced. That’s not good. I’ve enjoyed the time, the sharing, the ideas, and the inspiration. The truth is I’m on to what’s next. There […]
I volunteered to help coach my son’s flag football team. I’m the Defensive Coordinator. I have no idea what I’m doing, and it shows Two games deep into the season, and we can’t stop a parked car. Here’s the problem. Nobody on the team has any idea what their specific job is. I’m trying to […]