Here it is! The current world record holder (Guinness) for most viewed online advertisement (Evian Roller Babies). As of this posting views are over 12.6 Million worldwide!
- Gadget Lab Podcast: Free Internet Access for Africa and Abuse for Twitter’s CEO August 1, 2014On this week's show: The Internet.org plan to supply African phone owners with free (but limited) Internet access, the abuse problem on Twitter, and Instagram's new Bolt messaging app. Plus, bluegrass song titles decoded!
- Game|Life Podcast: Putting PlayStation’s Game Streaming Service to the Test August 1, 2014WIRED editors discuss Sony's new streaming-games service, which just entered open beta on PlayStation 4.
- Satellites Capture Wildfire Smoke Reaching Fragile Arctic Ice August 1, 2014It's the height of the Arctic melt season — do you know where your ice is? While Greenland and the Arctic sea ice cover have shown no signs of shattering melt records once again this year, satellite images taken on Friday and during late July provide indications that both land and sea ice will once again wind up well below average by the time the melt s […]Andrew Freedman
- A Quidditch Documentary Is Flying Into Theaters Soon August 1, 2014Brooms up! The world is finally getting a glimpse at the magical trailer for Mudbloods, a documentary about the UCLA Quidditch team's fight to make it to the Fifth Annual Quidditch World Cup, held in New York City. Image: BOND/360See also: 15 Magical Harry Potter Cocktails to Charm Your Palate Potterheads will recognize Quidditch as the sport created by […]Neha Prakash
- Last Days June 6, 2014This school year went so FAST! (Do I say that EVERY YEAR?) Annabel graduated from Kindergarten and Daniel finished First Grade. They spent the last few weeks wrapping up after-school activities. Annabel had a Daddy/Daughter dance and a big dance recital. Daniel ended his flag football season in third place. There were field days, swimming [Read On]PopMommy Pam
- Cody Simpson Graduates High School as Valedictorian May 26, 2014Disney pop star and last season’s Dancing with the Stars contestant Cody Simpson graduated from high school this week! What’s extra cool is that he graduated at the TOP of his Atlanta, GA class. He posted some parts of his valedictorian commencement speech on Instagram. I’m all about a teen pop star telling girls that “Intelligence [Read On]PopMommy Pam
- KUZX Flips To Rhythmic Hot AC 'Q102'ENTERCOM Classic Rock KUZX/SAN FRANCISCO -- simulcast of KUFX (98.5 THE FOX)/SAN JOSE -- has split off from the simulcast to go Rhythmic Hot AC as THE NEW Q102 - THE BEAT OF THE BAY. THE FOX … more
- UMPG Names Jody Gerson Chairman/CEO As Zach Horowitz Steps DownUNIVERSAL MUSIC GROUP has appointed JODY GERSON as Chairman/CEO of UNIVERSAL MUSIC PUBLISHING GROUP (UMPG), effective JANUARY 1st, 2015. GERSON, currently Co-Pres. of SONY/ATV … more
On a flight from Raleigh to Hartford I sat with my 10-year-old son and listened to him ramble on for almost 90 minutes. It was beautiful, at times incoherent, but beautiful. If he’s where the world is going, I’m in. Two rows up from us in an aisle seat was a little old lady. She […]
My middle school had an indoor swimming pool. Two reasons why this was bad, first off it meant I had to see other naked guys. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, it’s just that in middle school you can’t help but look and compare. Everybody has varying degrees of body hair. We look ridiculous. […]
There’s an awarding winning barbecue joint here in Austin. It started out as a trailer and soon graduated into its own building. The barbecue is so good that you have to line up at 10:30 in the morning, wait an hour until they open the doors at 11:30, and when the meat is gone…they close. […]
I’m out. I’ve written this column/blog for the last 2 years and it’s time to stop. I don’t know why, it just is. The last few things I’ve written have felt forced. That’s not good. I’ve enjoyed the time, the sharing, the ideas, and the inspiration. The truth is I’m on to what’s next. There […]
I volunteered to help coach my son’s flag football team. I’m the Defensive Coordinator. I have no idea what I’m doing, and it shows Two games deep into the season, and we can’t stop a parked car. Here’s the problem. Nobody on the team has any idea what their specific job is. I’m trying to […]